I have written a program (named ShareMonitor) that allows you to monitor any access to your network shared files. When a user remotely opens shared files on your computer, application detects it and displays information such as who opened it, when it was opened, duration, etc. about that file. All details will be logged and can be saved to .CSV or .XML files for further analysis.
You can also disconnect any active connection whenever you want.
For more details and source code, visit ShareMonitor’s Code Project page.
Download ShareMonitor (from Softpedia)
Since it was published, many articles have been written by experts to introduce and recommend ShareMonitor. Here you can find some of them:
- Monitor Who is Reading or Writing to Your Windows Shared Files with ShareMonitor, Karl L. Gechlik (makeuseof.com)
- Monitor Network Shared Files, Nakodari (addictivetips.com)
- ShareMonitor Monitors And Logs Access To Windows Shares, Jason Fitzpatrick (lifehacker.com)
- Download of the Week: ShareMonitor, David Murphy (maximumpc.com)
- Get Notified When Shared Folder Files Deleted, Created or Changed, kashish (technixupdate.com)